Felicia Savage Friedman
About the speaker
Felicia Savage Friedman is a 500-hour Experienced-Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) and a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider. Felicia has practiced Raja Yoga for 30 years and has taught it for 23 years. Her business, YogaRoots On Location, LLC®, is on a mission to teach and train historically trauma-informed, Raja Yoga practitioners by integrating: yoga-based adaptable movements, aromatherapy, Reiki, universal meditation practices, and AntiRacist Raja Yoga Precepts.
The integrated healing modalities of Felicia’s Raja Yoga’s 8-Limbed Path practice - accompanied with the historical understanding of the violent and toxic history and present practices of patriarchy, capitalism and racism - assist community members in developing much more vulnerable and authentic relationships with each other through practicing loving one other unconditionally through our shared complicity with all of these oppressions. These magically integrated practices address symptoms of historical trauma that include: Chronic Pain, Anxiety, Nausea, Insomnia, Constipation, Exhaustion, Anger and Rage. Felicia has graduated 62 yogis from her 200-hour AntiRacist Raja Yoga Teacher Certification Training. Felicia’s newest endeavors are:
● Actively engaging with the Antiracist Raja Yoga Teacher Training, which is the 4th flight here in Pittsburgh with 38 community members.
● Eagerly continuing into the second year of a Heinz Foundation grant, through UPMC’s Children’s Hospital Adolescent Medicine Division, a Resiliency Program at Shuman Juvenile Detention Center and the Community Intensive Supervision Program (CISP) with youth using YogaRoots On Location’s Youth Antiracist Raja Yoga Teacher Training curriculum and conducting professional development with the staff at both Shuman and CISP with the adult training curriculum.
● Occasionally working with the Allegheny Health Departments Infant Mortality Collaborative and Pitt’s Office of Child Development to bring a consistent accountability to the staff who serve the community to intimately understand all of our complicity with various systems of oppression.
● Preparing to host her inaugural Certified AntiRacist Raja Yoga Teacher Training for Youth (13-18 years old) at Winchester Thurston School this coming Summer of 2020 for 7 weeks.
● Expansion of AntiRacist Raja Yoga Teacher Trainings to Seattle, WA and Brooklyn, NY both starting in April 2020.
Felicia is honored to be two years newly married to Martin Lee Friedman, a white Abolitionist Storyteller and AntiRacist Trainer daily reclaiming his humanity through embracing his Jewish culture and religion. They are blessed with two adult children: Cleveland, 32, an independent inventor in Minneapolis, MN and Maya, 28, an AntiRacist Raja Yoga Teacher with YogaRoots On Location.
Favorite quotes from this talk
No quotes yet. Sign in to tag a quote!