Wanted: Design Intern
Titlecard illustration by CreativeMornings/Moscow organizer Olga Epikhina.
Team CreativeMornings is looking for a summer design intern (yes, it’s paid). We are on the hunt for a person who is not afraid to take on a wide variety of production tasks required to keep our business growing and looking like a million bucks. You will be working out of the CreativeMornings Headquarters in DUMBO, based out of Studiomates. If you’re an early riser and love the CreativeMornings brand, read on.
Our ideal person:
- Has a knack for fun and functional design for print and web
- Can do repetitive tasks (both on the computer and off)
- Takes initiative to find more efficient processes for production
- Isn’t afraid to contribute ideas on how to make our brand better
This internship is ideal for a production designer with an itch to start marketing a global brand. We do everything in-house from our HQ in Brooklyn, and you will see your handiwork stretching across the globe to our 80+ chapters!
- Develop fun and engaging design concepts for web banners, blog posts, Keynote/Powerpoint presentations, and email marketing
- Design marketing collateral for print and web, events, and swag
- Create pieces consistent with current CreativeMornings branding, but push and evolve our brand’s look and feel
- Contribute to team brainstorming meetings
- Join a team that helps encourage people to meet up so they can find what they need to live fulfilling creative lives
- Adobe CS Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and Markdown
- Strong knowledge of typography and color
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects at once
Helpful, but not required:
- A laptop (for email and a few other online tasks)
- Experience with wireframing
- Experience with CMSs like Squarespace
- Experience in making animated GIFs upon request
- Lives in New York (and can commute to our DUMBO studio everyday)
- Legally allowed to work in the US
- An online portfolio
What you get from the deal:
- Fair pay
- Lunches with fascinating people from a variety of tech and design backgrounds (check the folks on studiomates.com)
- 10 weeks at a startup with a great team of people who will show you the ropes
If this sounds exciting to you, wow us with an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 4th, 5:00pm EST.