Next Stockholm speaker
We’re looking for a new host in Stockholm!
In 2008, Tina Roth Eisenberg, also known as Swissmiss, started CreativeMornings out of a desire for an ongoing, accessible event for New York’s creative community. The concept was simple: breakfast and a short talk one Friday morning a month. Every event would be free of charge and open to anyone.
Today, attendees gather in 202 cities around the world to enjoy fresh coffee, friendly people, and an international array of breakfast foods. Volunteer hosts and their volunteer team members organize local chapters that not only celebrate their city’s creative talent, but also promote an open space to connect with like-minded individuals. We call ourselves an engine of generosity and live by our manifesto.
Since CreativeMornings/Stockholm was founded in 2011, the chapter has built a beautiful community. However, our previous host recently stepped down, so we are now looking for a replacement. Could this be you?
Does this describe you?
• You’re passionate about the local creative community in Stockholm.
• You’re enthusiastic about leading a small volunteer team to put your own spin on CreativeMornings.
• You’re excited to participate in the global conversation among our 202 chapters (and growing!).
• You use the words humble, driven, resourceful, generous, and connected to describe yourself.
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
If interested, please complete our new chapter application and we’ll be in touch. There will be follow-up interviews for the top candidates.
We look forward to receiving your application!
— CreativeMornings HQ
Get your ticket now!
We’ve so many great talks lined up for you this fall, so don’t forget to register for our newsletter to be the first to know about future events! Sign up here: https://creativemornings.com/cities/sto
GET YOUR TICKET NOW!
We’re back after a long warm summer with great news - our first talk after summer break is already this Friday with Jan Broman, founder and CEO of Fotografiska!
Already at the age of 9, Jan started to learn how to work with photography in his father’s studio, which was the starting point of his life-long passion for photography.
In May 2010 after successfully launching the photography fair Fotomässan, Jan and his brother Per opened a more permanent venue within the Swedish art scene, which was named Fotografiska.
Fotografiska has since it’s grand opening become a global destination for contemporary photography and have exhibited over 170 photographers to date, - work from both legends such as Annie Leibovitz and David LaChapelle, as well as from new photographers like Nick Brandt and Helena Blomqvist. In addition to the exhibitions, the multi-concept center also features an award-winning restaurant, photography academy, retail experience and programming.
Come listen to Jan sharing his life-long passion for photography this Friday, August 24th at 8:00am. Still some tickets left! https://creativemornings.com/talks/jan-broman-founder-ceo-fotografiska
We have a mission from our lovely partner Taverna Brillo, and we need your help!
Come up with a suggestion for a logotype for Bar Brillo, the winner is rewarded with a night at Bar Brillo, where the winner will be able to serve their closest 50 friends an aperitivo with snacks and drinks.
Learn more. http://bit.ly/2icK9xQ
“Clothes make a statement, costume tells a story.” - All the way from New York, we invited Emmy-nominated costume designer Jenn Rogien, behind the costume of successful series Girls and Orange is the New Black. Jenn shared stories and experiences on the story telling power of clothes and what it takes to make a career in costume design.
In collaboration with Fashion Week Stockholm AW17 / Photographer: Olof Grind.
Thanks to our local sponsors PROPERCORN and Alma AB! And big hugs to our global partners MailChimp, Shutterstock and Wix! <3!
“Clothes make a statement, costume tells a story.” Jen Rogien concludes her Fashion Talks x Creative Mornings presentation from Alma. Speaking of her successful series Girls and Orange is the New Black, Jenn touches on the costumes of the shows iconic characters and how her ambition to making them “look real” has spurred the debate on body image, race, gender and identity. “I dont beleive in rules for dressing”. At Alma, Nybrogata 8, in creative collaboration with Fashion Week Stockholm.
We’re looking for a community manager to join our Stockholm team!Are you an early mornings riser, fan of creativity, creative mornings and social media? Perfect! You should join our team!We’re looking for a Community Manager, to effectively manage and grow our social communities. You’ll be rewarded with access to the Creative Mornings family with people from over 157 cities in 58 countries, as well as access to all Creative Mornings events in Stockholm, free coffee and new friends!
You will be responsible for:
- Creating, planning and delivering engaging social content to help maintain and grow our social channels (primarily Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, potentially Snapchat etc..)
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about Creative Mornings or creativity related topics.
- Prior talks, post inspiring content to help promote the coming events.
- During talks, actively listen to the speaker and share quotes, tweets, Instagram Stories, Facebook live videos etc. to the community.
- After talks, create albums summarizing previous speaker. Also to maintain an interest in between events.
- Together with photographer, videographer, digital manager and other team members, produce creative content for our platforms. Sounds like something for you? Great! Then send us an application including one example Facebook-update about something related to creativity that you think could be of value to our followers. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
YES we got a bunch of new, fresh videos up! Here’s the talk from our SXSW Special with Jung Relations - Enjoy!
What a day! All the way from Boston, we invited Jason Jacobs, CEO and co-founder of Runkeeper. A special Creative Mornings Stockholm event, part of the Stockholm Fashion Week tech innovation agenda.Special thanks to our local breakfast sponsor Nespresso. And our global partners Shutterstock MailChimp & FreshBooks! Photos taken by Richard Ortega http://www.richardortega.se/