June's theme is Minimal
If simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, then this month’s theme is our most cosmopolitan yet. We’re talking about “Minimal” across 80+ chapters around the world. The theme was chosen by our Aarhus team and we were thrilled to have Andrew Neyer as the month’s illustrator.
Best said by a past CreativeMornings/NewYork speaker, and author of The Laws of Simplicity:
“Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful.” ―John Maeda
This month is all about the meaningful Maeda describes. Speakers this month will look at what ‘Minimal’ means in creativity and design, as well as the role it plays in our lives. A few of this month’s speakers include:
- Scott Wilson, founder and principal designer of MNML (Chicago)
- Yuri Gordon, typographer and graphic designer, founder of Letterhead Studio (Moscow)
- Thomas Williams, Founder and Creative Director of Hunt&Co, Editor in Chief of internationally awarded design publication Process Journal and Founder and Editor of MADE (Sydney)
- Marek Holeček, climber who scales some of the highest mountains with the least amount of equipment (Prague)
- Jeff Goodby, of Goodby Silverstein & Partners (Oakland)
As always, free tickets are available starting the Monday before the talk. Find an event near you.