January is Language
Communities are built on common ground and sustained by human connection. It’s easy (and safe) to say that human connection is driven by communication, and that communication is achieved with language. Yet our CreativeMornings community shares many more languages than the 40+ we speak. There are so many languages of CreativeMornings: generosity, love, hugs, high-fives, passion, excitement, creativity — the list goes on. Really, language boils down to expression. And isn’t that what creativity is really about?
This month 130 cities in 55 countries will be exploring our common languages and how we express them — whether cooked, crafted, or coded; spoken, written, or intuited — with speakers including:
- Virgilio Martinez Veliz, owner & chef of Central Restaurant (named one of the top 50 restaurants in the world) (Lima)
- Jenna Blazevich, a letterer, designer and calligrapher who develops brand identities by day and experiments by night (Chicago)
- Gregg Deal, a member of the Paiute Tribe of Pyramid Lake and current Native Arts Artist-in-Residence at the Denver Art Museum (Denver)
- Randy Krum, an infographics and data visualization designer who believes visuals can be as expressive as words (Dallas)
- Jess George, a community impact manager for Google Fiber where she works to address community issues of access, opportunity and digital inclusion (Charlotte)
Find an event near you and we’ll see you in the morning!
Chapters continue adding events on this page throughout the month, so signing up for your city’s local newsletter or following your city’s chapter on Twitter will help you stay up-to-speed on dates and times. And be sure to follow the conversation on Twitter and Instagram with #CMlanguage and @creativemorning!