CreativeMornings is Hiring a Partnerships Coordinator
CreativeMornings is a free breakfast lecture series with volunteer-led chapters in 196 cities and 66 countries. Since 2008, we have provided an accessible (and fun) place for creative communities around the world to meet up, make friends, and get inspired.
CreativeMornings HQ is looking for a full time Partnerships Coordinator to join our team in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn, NY. You will report directly to the Head of Partnerships and have a key role in shaping, implementing and contributing to our organization’s revenue and partnership goals.
Partnerships can feel like a loose term. At CreativeMornings, it’s not about stamping logos on walls and calling it a partnership. We work with partners that are champions of a creative life. Our partners believe in the magic—and necessity—of in-person communities. They are the companies that care, leading with empathy and heart to help shape the future. With the generous support of our partners, we can ensure that our morning events remain free, and accessible to all.
Are you our person?
We’re looking for someone who appreciates, and will contribute to, our heart-forward approach to partnerships, is excited about making friends above all else, can speak passionately about the value and beauty of the CreativeMornings universe and is inherently thoughtful. Above all, it’s important that you are someone with a big heart and a keen interest in working in an environment where the old-fashioned values of “corporate sponsorship” are being rejected in favor of a model that places friendship and heart first.
This job is for you if:
- You care about bringing delight to a partnership conversation.
- You love working on small teams with big-hearted humans, and the leadership style of our founder resonates with you on a deeply personal level.
- You understand what it takes to make friends, establish relationships and achieve partnership and revenue related goals, delivering on all aspects of the partnership experience.
- You are resourceful, curious, and aren’t afraid to take initiative.
- You have empathy and thoughtfulness as core strengths.
- You are super organized, detail oriented and always wanting to do your best.
- You gravitate towards systems thinking, always looking to improve workflow or process.
- You are a natural storyteller, with a great design sense, and are able to weave facts, photos, stories, and data into a cohesive set of partnership materials.
- Work closely with the partnerships team to shape and execute partnership strategy at a global and local level.
- Handling account management tasks like compiling data on partnership success metrics, measuring and planning for partnership benefits, responding to enquiries, creating and processing invoices and payment, and surprising and delighting our partners at every turn.
- Building compelling informational and pitch materials from CreativeMornings materials and data including keynote decks and short documents.
- Collecting evidence of partnerships from chapters, event activations, and other sources to prepare high quality reports, decks and documentation as part of our partnership program.
- Supporting community partnership initiatives including providing resources, partnership materials and other guidance to support volunteer partnership efforts in our 196 chapters.
- Building partnership pipelines by pitching partnership packages, initiating partnership conversations, generating leads, and handling inbound inquiries (including building a process around internal management).
- Creating and maintaining partnership systems and processes to create an internal partnership knowledge base. Responsible for maintaining partnership database / CRM of current, future and potential partners.
- Researching and keeping up to date with the partnership and sponsorship industries, while also developing creative initiatives that support CreativeMornings’ heart-forward partnership program.
You will have:
- At least 2 - 4 years experience working in the world of client/partner facing partnerships, fundraising, client services, relationship management or sponsorship.
- An innate and established ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines, take action and run with various projects at once.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data to support value discussions and reporting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and an ability to represent CreativeMornings in an authentic, accurate and genuine manner.
- Experience designing and creating effective pitch materials, telling a compelling story and using data where necessary. You don’t have to be a designer, but an eye for design is important.
- Heart. Generosity of spirit, empathy, thoughtfulness and a dedication to contributing effectively to a small team.
- A real interest in leveling up, learning, and effectively supporting our collaborative and inclusive organizational global culture.
- Amazing organization skills. (We’re talking 20 on a scale of 1 to 10!) You’ll also be detail oriented, able to spot the typo from 100 feet.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- A willingness and ability to get up to speed fast with the tools we use daily to work: Slack, Google Documents, Keynote, Mailchimp, Dropmark, Dropbox, Trello, etc.
- A love for events and, ideally, experience with events. The proper authorization to work in the United States and the ability to commute to our Brooklyn studio every day.
What you can expect
Fair pay. Three weeks of vacation. Health + dental insurance.
You will also enjoy an immediate community of fascinating people from a variety of creative backgrounds. You’ll have friends, creative instigators, and local tour guides from all over the world.
We have a confetti drawer, the world’s best office dog, Ginger, and you’ll be working out of the Invisible Dog Art Centre in Brooklyn which comes with a built-in creative community, fun happy hours, yoga + meditation, game nights and fire escape concerts.
We believe in diversity
Inclusivity is a core tenet of CreativeMornings. We convene spaces with the guiding principles from our Manifesto: “Everyone is welcome” and that carries over to our workspace and hiring process. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe diversity at our company is not only a strength but a superpower. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
If this sounds exciting to you, wow us with an email to email@example.com. Please send us:
- A 30-second video explaining why you want this position.
- Your resume.
- A one page cover letter that includes an answer to the questions: “Why CreativeMornings?” and “Why are you a good fit for this position?” Please also include a joke, as well as your salary expectations.
We look forward to receiving your application by 15 March 2019.
Please include “Partnerships Coordinator ” in the subject line of your email so we know that you’ve read the entirety of this job description.