On Creative Anxiety & Tension
Connect with somebody that can relate to your tension. A few years ago, Colton Mulligan founded a creative agency and in the same month was diagnosed with Type 1 Bipolar Disorder. This brought a...
Good Things Need Time
Good things need time. Protect your time so you can put in the hours. Marc Eastmond is an art director who likes to write and an author who loves to sing. He’s also an eternal optimist who...
Welcome to the CreativeMornings Blog
You might have noticed the CreativeMornings Blog is looking a little different today. What you’re feeling is the result of an intentional and much needed refresh, making it easier for you to disco...
Meet Our 'Lost' Illustrator: Melissa Lee Johnson
Melissa Lee Johnson is an artist, illustrator, graphic designer, and occasional tattoo-giver based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She currently designs and illustrates for the design studio Three-Headed Design.
November's Theme is Lost
When you’re wading through the unknown, it can feel scary and risky. You float around wondering if you’re going in the right direction and want to know what’s next.
Our 200th Issue! 🎉
Over the years, we’ve learned that you, our beloved readers, are curious and big-hearted humans. Weekly Highlights only exists so that we can continue to empower and inspire you to make the things ...
Good things happen when you're positive. This week, we're inspired to stay positive, work with what we've got, creative companies, and more.
Your Internal Narrator
I just want to give myself the freedom to create, be scared, and do it anyway (gently). In this talk, Sunni Brown shares a powerful technique for making peace with your internal narrator so you ...
Cultivate Your Self-Love
At CreativeMornings, we know that a creative life requires bravery, action, and lots self-love. Self-love allows us to be kind to ourselves even when we miss the mark. Kamal Ravikant beautifully wr...
Patience and Dignity
‘Gaman’ means to endure the seemingly unbearable with patience and dignity. Dana Tanamachi is a lettering artist and designer who enjoys living a quiet life and working with her hand...
Meet Our Flow Illustrator: David Espinosa
It is a tradition at CreativeMornings to work with an artist in our community to create an illustration for our global monthly themes. Our CreativeMornings monthly themes inspire new conversations...
October's Theme is Flow
It’s no secret that our modern-day world is full of distractions: Glowing screens. Notifications. 24-hour news cycles. At times, it can feel exhausting to try and get things done with all the bells...
The Flavor Packet
Can you recover what you were meant to forget? This week, we're loving a talk about shaping culture with food, online learning, podcast tools, cool jobs, and more.
Your Creative Backyard
It's Weekly Highlight time! In this issue, we're inspired by self-taught cartoonist and author Susanna Ryan, memory champions, cool jobs, and more.
Giving Voice to Stories
We have a strong desire to tell stories from the past that can help us and other people make better sense of things going on in the world. Throughline is a podcast that explores history through ...
Your Ultimate Portrait
For heaven’s sake, it’s your funeral. It should be your ultimate portrait and the celebration of your life. Funeral Director Susanne Duijvestein focuses her work on sustainable alternatives to t...
Meet Our Muse Illustrator: Shahul Hameed
It is a tradition at CreativeMornings to work with an artist in our community to create an illustration for the monthly theme. A monthly theme inspires new conversations and ideas that we otherwis...
September's Theme is Muse
Whether you’re a mathematician tinkering with complex equations or a musician pairing discordant notes together, searching for inspiration can often send you in circles. The longer you sit and wait...
- August 29, 2019 We Are Gem Cutters
- August 22, 2019 Expand Your Horizons
- August 15, 2019 The Earth Is Hiring
- August 08, 2019 Step Into Your Destiny
- August 01, 2019 Meet Our Justice Illustrator: Simona Čechová
- August 01, 2019 Delicious Inclusion
- August 01, 2019 August's Theme is Justice
- July 25, 2019 Create Magical Experiences
- July 18, 2019 Your Art, Your Privacy
- July 11, 2019 Befriend One Person
- July 04, 2019 Every Dish Tells a Story
- July 02, 2019 Meet Our End Illustrator: Isadora Zeferino
- July 01, 2019 July's Theme is End
- June 27, 2019 Your Squiggly Space
- June 20, 2019 The Knowledge of Context
- June 13, 2019 You Are the Main Ingredient
- June 06, 2019 Manifest Your Best Work
- June 02, 2019 Meet Our Wonder Illustrator: Rune Fisker
- June 01, 2019 June's Theme is Wonder
- May 30, 2019 How to Build a Newsletter List
- May 23, 2019 How to Amplify Your Work
- May 16, 2019 How to Give Proper Attribution
- May 09, 2019 How to Write Your About Page
- May 02, 2019 Hobbies Offer Us Joy
- May 01, 2019 Meet Our Preserve Illustrator: Chris Nickels
- May 01, 2019 May's Theme is Preserve
- April 25, 2019 How to Keep Your Guest List Inclusive and Diverse
- April 18, 2019 How to Make a Proper Introduction for a Collaboration
- April 11, 2019 Make Your Business Better, Not Bigger
- April 04, 2019 Defend Your Creative Muse
- April 02, 2019 Meet Our Inclusive Illustrator: Libby VanderPloeg
- April 01, 2019 April's Theme is Inclusive
- March 28, 2019 The Ripple Effects of Courage
- March 05, 2018 Own Your Content
- March 01, 2017 The Inbox of Forgotten Emails
- December 08, 2016 Win a Stunning Online Store Created Just for You