CreativeMornings is Hiring a Content Marketing Manager
CreativeMornings is looking for a heart-forward, kind, thoughtful individual to be in charge of our content universe.
We are looking for a candidate with a deep sense of curiosity, who is highly organized, self-motivated, and has a love for language. In this role, you become the voice of CreativeMornings.
Who is CreativeMornings?
CreativeMornings is the world’s largest face-to-face creative community. For more than 12 years, CreativeMornings has been bringing together people who are driven by passion and purpose, who support one another and are collectively raising the bar on what it means to be creative. CreativeMornings is an engine of generosity, fueled by 1,500 volunteers in 67 countries and 223 cities.
At our core, we are a global community of open-hearted, passionate, creative thinkers. We welcome everybody and believe everyone is creative.
About The Role
The Content Marketing Manager leads the development and implementation of all of CreativeMornings’ content marketing and growth strategies. The Content Marketing Manager oversees all things content—curation, creation, dissemination— ensuring that what we share is consistently thoughtful, valuable, and timely.
In this role, you will grow and engage our community by writing original pieces, proactively amplifying compelling content, and supporting B2B partner marketing. You will sit at the intersection of CreativeMornings, the CreativeGuild, Global/Content Partnerships, and FieldTrips.
A typical week includes scheduling social media posts, monitoring meaningful analytics, writing blog-posts, curating CreativeMornings content, publishing our global newsletters, supporting campaign-specific messaging for partners, keeping the press page and external channels updated, and producing effective marketing/communication resources for all relevant stakeholders (CreativeMornings hosts, organizers, partners, etc.).
The Content Marketing Manager builds an in-depth understanding of our unique market positioning through keeping a close eye on creative leaders/companies/trends, to then use these findings to develop a forward thinking content strategy that consistently adapts to the company’s target goals.
Are you our person?
We’re looking for someone who appreciates and will contribute to, our heart forward approach to how we run CreativeMornings. Someone who can speak passionately about the value and beauty of the CreativeMornings universe and is inherently thoughtful.
Super bonus points if you are already part of the CreativeMornings eco-system, be it as an attendee of our events, or as an organizer of one of our global chapters.
This job is for you if
- You care about bringing delight to our content universe.
- You love working on small teams with big-hearted humans, and the leadership style of our founder resonates with you on a deeply personal level.
- You are resourceful and curious and aren’t afraid to take initiative.
- You have a growth mindset and love to find the stories within the data.
- You have empathy and thoughtfulness as core strengths.
- You are super organized, detail-oriented and always wanting to do your best.
- You gravitate towards systems thinking, always looking to improve a workflow or process.
- You are a natural storyteller, with a great design sense, and are deeply curious about the world’s creativity.
- Design and execute inclusive content marketing strategies for CreativeMornings’ platforms, representative of our global community.
- Develop an editorial calendar that supports growth, community engagement, product support, and partner initiatives
- Write, curate, and share CreativeMornings content online, on social media, and through external communications
- Collect, monitor, and analyze meaningful analytics from all content channels and shareback growth metrics to the CreativeMornings HQ team
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for all distribution channels
- Ensure all external pages and channels are updated in line with brand guidelines and most up to date information
- Be in support of the CreativeMornings organizer community in offering guidance and tips to market their local events
- Work with the team to conceptualize and define a refreshed brand voice with tone guidelines based on the company’s intended vision and insights from audience research
- An innate and established ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines, take action and run with various projects at once.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and an ability to represent CreativeMornings in an authentic, accurate and genuine manner.
- Heart. Generosity of spirit, empathy, thoughtfulness and dedication to contributing effectively to a small team.
- A real interest in levelling up, learning, and effectively supporting our collaborative and inclusive organizational global culture.
- Amazing organization skills. (We’re talking 20 on a scale of 1 to 10!) You’ll also be detail-oriented, able to spot the typo from 100 feet.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- A willingness and ability to get up to speed fast with the tools we use daily to work: Slack, Google Documents, Buffer, Keynote, Mailchimp, Dropmark, Basecamp, Dropbox, Trello, etc.
- A love for events and, ideally, experience with events.
- The proper authorization to work in the United States.
What you can expect
Three weeks vacation. Health + dental insurance.
You will enjoy an immediate community of fascinating people from a variety of creative backgrounds. You’ll have friends, creative instigators, and local tour guides from all over the world.
While we would love for someone NYC based to take this role, we will take remote applications from within the US into account.
We believe in diversity
Inclusivity is a core tenet of CreativeMornings. We convene spaces with the guiding principles from our Manifesto: “Everyone is welcome” and that carries over to our workspace and hiring process. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe diversity at our company is not only a strength but a superpower. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
If this sounds exciting to you, wow us with an email to email@example.com. Please send us:
- A 30-second video explaining why you want this position.
- Your resume.
- A one-page cover letter that includes an answer to the questions: “Why CreativeMornings?” and “Why are you a good fit for this position?”
- A joke.
Salary range indication (dependent on experience and all other relevant circumstances): $55,000 - $70,000.
Please include “Content Marketing Manager ” in the subject line of your email so we know that you’ve read the entirety of this job description.
The application deadline is Wednesday, February 17th.