DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Equality
This month’s theme, “equality”, was selected by the “Johannesburg chapter”. In assembling the playlist, I thought a lot about human rights struggles and the crucial ro...
10 Talks on Collaborating With a Spouse, Partner, or Best Friend
Collaboration can be messy because human nature is messy, and so is the process of creativity. But when the rhythm of trust and accountability strikes a cord and resonates from within, we can be ou...
DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Survival
This months theme Survival was selected by the Baltimore chapter of CreativeMornings. Having grown up 20 minutes south of Baltimore, I spent many late nights exploring the city’s clubs, music...
DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Serendipity
Are you feeling lucky or is it divine intervention? Serendipity is often in the eye of the beholder. We have a tendency to see meaning and patterns where there may not be any, drawing a bullseye ar...
8 Talks to Celebrate LGBTQ Pride Month
In the United States, the month of June celebrates LGBTQ Pride Month to honor the 1964 Stonewall riots that took place in Manhattan. It’s an important historical event that inspired the gay l...
12 Talks from Founders on Big Ideas and Humble Beginnings
It has become part of our cultural dialogue to glorify the path of an entrepreneur. We devour these stories because they’re filled with possibility and excitement; freedom and ambition. But ...
10 Talks That Will Empower Your Work
As Vincent van Gogh said, “Our days pass in working, working all the time, in the evenings we are dead beat and go off to the café, and after that, early to bed! Such is our life.” Not anymore. Th...
6 Women on the Forefronts of Activism
The stories of activism around the world have inspired conversations, and in turn, activated unified actions that pushed the winds of social change forward. As Studs Terkel reflected in This I Bel...
DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Beyond
Beyond and back. This month’s playlist is just out of reach, past the point of no return, and out of bounds. These songs look ahead, past the immediate, to what may be, what could be, what wi...
DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Taboo
Music has always challenged social norms, from Beethoven to Nicky Minaj, artists break taboos. That’s partially why we like them, but maybe I’m just speaking for myself. Good music feel...
5 Talks on Empathy That Will Change How You Connect and Create
The world might always have a shortage in empathy. To understand someone’s worldview that is foreign to yours is the hard work of being human. We need space to critically think and also have...
DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Moments
Since the CreativeMornings theme this month is Moments, this month’s playlist is fleeting and spontaneous, including songs of momentary experiences, brief encounters, and temporary situations...
DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Mystery
“Mystery”, huh, what an appropriate theme for the uncertainty many are feeling at the beginning of 2017. Who knows what insanity this year will bring us. I know I’m feeling uneasy...
Collaborative Playlist: Sound
The 2016 CreativeMornings Summit was in Austin last month, and in the spirit of collaboration that pervaded, we thought we would try something different this time and crowd source the playlist to t...
DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Fantasy
From modern superheroes and zombie movies to sci-fi fantasies like Star Wars and Aliens to the Brothers Grimm fairy tales to Greek mythology, fantasy has been a tool for creative minds to express i...
DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Transparency
We are living in a time of unprecedented transparency. At least theoretically. It’s overwhelming with all information we have access to. The internet is the great demystifier. This transparen...
DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Magic
Magic is inherently creative, it relies on the imagination to work and a willingness to accept the illogical in favor of the mystical. You have to suspend disbelief and let yourself fall into the f...
DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Weird
I have been called weird. Sometimes I forget that I am in fact weird, because I think I tend to surround myself with other weirdos, making me feel more normal by comparison. Weird is just more inte...
- June 18, 2016 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Love
- May 20, 2016 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Broken
- May 05, 2016 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Reality
- April 04, 2016 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Risk
- March 03, 2016 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Change
- February 04, 2016 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Ethics
- January 06, 2016 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Language
- December 02, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Time
- November 05, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Work
- October 02, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Shock
- September 02, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Empathy
- August 02, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Action
- June 29, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Collaboration
- June 04, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Revolution
- April 27, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Robot
- April 02, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Humility
- March 04, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Ink
- February 21, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Climate
- January 07, 2015 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Ugly
- December 02, 2014 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Education
- November 18, 2014 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Chance
- October 30, 2014 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Crossover
- September 23, 2014 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Color
- August 22, 2014 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Failure
- July 22, 2014 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Heritage
- June 12, 2014 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Minimal
- May 20, 2014 DJ Jim Q's Playlist: Freedom