January is Surreal
When you look at the artwork of Frida Kahlo or Salvador Dalí, there’s an element of surprise. Why does it feel familiar yet also otherworldly? Surrealists sought to break free from the shackles of...
December is Tradition
Traditions are sacred because they cultivate consistency and a sense of belonging. It’s the bread and butter for fostering connection and community. We’re in a time where traditions are bein...
November is Restart
I need to disconnect. There’s too much noise in my head. I am burning out. I need space to rethink everything. I need a hard reset. Exhaustion is like dehydration—when you feel it, you&rsquo...
October is Honesty
Honesty is the currency for connection. It’s a gift we give to each other that strengthens bonds and deepens relationships. Honesty is a practice where we start from the heart. Being honest isn’t...
September is Chaos
When you think of chaos, you might think of utter confusion, a jumbled mess, destruction, or Slack being down. But previously the word “chaos” had a different meaning. In ancient Greece, writers a...
August is Community
A community is a reflection of what we crave: belonging. Belonging is the heart of human connection. Our hardwiring is to be social creatures, to need one another. We cannot become our best selves...
July is Intention
If you look closely, you can see the intention behind the action, a project, or a sassy tweet. Intention is palpable. A hand-written thank you resonates in our hearts more strongly than an email....
June is Craft
A craft is the instrument in which the authenticity of your being is communicated. Your craft is like a portal to your inner world, and as an artist, it’s your duty to pull it out of the vor...
May is Commitment
A commitment is a promise to show up whether you’re having a good or bad day. It’s a behavior and mindset that signifies the posture of a professional. It’s about saying yes with...
April is Game
Throughout human history, games were about winning or losing. Author James P. Carse extends this concept beautifully in Finite and Infinite Games: “A finite game is played for the purpose of winni...
March is Courage
When researching or writing about courage, other traits fall into the mix: risk, vulnerability, curiosity, empathy, and action. It seems, then, that courage has nothing to do with your title or l...
February is Curiosity
Curiosity is many things—a trait, a mindset, and a skill. To wonder about the things you don’t know and to actively fill those gaps with knowledge is to consciously enrich your life. It&rsqu...
January is Anxiety
Imagine for a second that you have to write an email that goes out to 200,000 people. You spend all week on it, making sure there are no typos or broken links. You schedule the email. You walk int...
Meet Our Context Illustrator: David Schwen
It has been a tradition at CreativeMornings to work with an artist in our community to create an illustration for the monthly theme. The global theme for December is Context. While the artwork sp...
December is Context
Imagine your typical morning coffee or tea, how it tastes and the way it makes you feel. Now imagine being on a remote island, sun rising, with your drink in hand. That sip is unlike anything you&r...
November is Death
Death has inspired humanity since time immemorial, influencing ideologies and storytelling to our understanding of life and how we live it. To our ancient ancestors, the fear of death was a palpab...
October is Pioneer
Pioneers shatter expectations, widen boundaries, and reveal new possibilities in life. Whether the work was inspired from being on a ship or inside of a studio, pioneers act on their internal, im...
September is Compassion
Compassion is a pause button that reminds us of a fundamental truth: we’re all stumbling and nobody has it figured out. The best part about compassion is that it’s a learned trait—unli...
- August 01, 2017 Meet Our Genius Illustrator: Claudio Limon
- August 01, 2017 August is Genius
- July 01, 2017 July is Equality
- June 01, 2017 June is Survival
- May 01, 2017 May is Serendipity
- April 03, 2017 April is Beyond
- March 01, 2017 March is Taboo
- January 31, 2017 February is Moments
- December 28, 2016 January is Mystery
- November 29, 2016 December is Sound
- November 28, 2016 Meet Our Sound Illustrator: Derry Dillon
- November 01, 2016 November is Fantasy
- October 31, 2016 Meet our Fantasy Illustrator: Hayden Davis
- October 01, 2016 October is Transparency
- September 13, 2016 New organizers in Kyiv, Florianópolis, Lac Mégantic, and Buffalo
- September 01, 2016 September is Magic
- August 01, 2016 August is Weird
- June 21, 2016 June is Broken
- June 19, 2016 July is Love
- May 01, 2016 May is Reality
- April 04, 2016 April is Risk
- March 01, 2016 March is Change
- February 01, 2016 February Is Ethics
- January 01, 2016 January is Language
- December 01, 2015 December is Time
- November 03, 2015 November is Work
- October 01, 2015 October is Shock
- September 01, 2015 September is Empathy
- August 01, 2015 August is Action
- July 01, 2015 July is Collaborate
- June 01, 2015 June is Revolution
- April 30, 2015 May is Robot
- April 07, 2015 April is Humility
- March 01, 2015 March is Ink
- February 02, 2015 February is Climate
- December 29, 2014 January's theme is Ugly
- November 25, 2014 December's theme is Education
- November 01, 2014 November's theme is Chance
- October 01, 2014 October's theme is Crossover
- September 01, 2014 September's Theme is Color
- August 01, 2014 August's theme is Failure
- July 01, 2014 July's theme is Heritage
- June 01, 2014 June's theme is Minimal
- May 15, 2014 It's Time to Break Free
- May 01, 2014 May's theme is Freedom
- April 01, 2014 Sex, Sex, Sex
- March 20, 2014 Ready or Not, Here We Come!
- March 04, 2014 March's theme is Hidden
- February 11, 2014 Rebel Wisdom
- February 03, 2014 February's Theme is Rebel
- January 24, 2014 Young at Heart
- January 01, 2014 January's Theme is Childhood
- December 10, 2013 Don't Be Afraid
- December 01, 2013 December's Theme is Make
- November 01, 2013 November's Theme is Bravery