April is Beyond
We are tempted by the possibilities of the beyond. Whether it’s deep space, the range of our talents, or a first date, our minds conjure stories that carry us aloft. This unwavering, deep-s...
March is Taboo
Taboos are a social glue that makes life livable wherever we go. We invent the reasonings that, over time, coalesce to create the societal fabric of norms, permissions, and prohibitions. Cutting ...
February is Moments
We tend to measure our lives by days or years, but what we seek in our dreams and cherish in memory are the moments that define us. Think of moments, not as a page in a book, but that one highligh...
January is Mystery
We are comforted by certainty and seek it frantically like a child who lost sight of their parents. But as the astrophysicist Marcelo Gleiser said in The Island of Knowledge, “We strive to...
December is Sound
To our highly creative brains, a sound is never a sound. These vibrations that pervade our lives contain layers of meaning—a range of questions, intentions, and purposes. Even the absence of soun...
Meet Our Sound Illustrator: Derry Dillon
It has been a tradition at CreativeMornings to work with an artist in our community to create an illustration for the monthly theme. December is all about Sound. The illustration is everywhere — i...
November is Fantasy
“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living,” said Dr. Seuss. “It’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” The realm of fantasy is a space f...
Meet our Fantasy Illustrator: Hayden Davis
It has been a tradition at CreativeMornings to work with an artist in our community to create an illustration for the monthly theme. November is all about Fantasy, and the interview with this month...
October is Transparency
We are a species that flourishes when we’re seen, when our work matters, and when we connect with and understand one another. What makes all of this possible is the posture of transparency—th...
New organizers in Kyiv, Florianópolis, Lac Mégantic, and Buffalo
CreativeMornings is reaching new creative communities around the world! We’re so excited to introduce you to the organizers of new chapters in Kyiv, Lac Mégantic, Buffalo, and Florianópolis! Mee...
September is Magic
Do you remember the first time you witnessed a magic trick or climbed up a mountain to see the environment with a different point of view? Your eyes widened and you gasped in excitement. Magic is...
August is Weird
Whether it’s butter in coffee, bacon on donuts, fashion in the 80’s making a return, or the culture of an organization, weirdness reveals that there are no rules or right answers. Weirdness widens ...
June is Broken
Gaze and eye contact are simple acts, but when our attention transforms into vigilance, we begin to notice things that weren’t immediately obvious. We might notice an extra space in a paragraph or ...
July is Love
“Love would be two animals,” said the author Cheryl Strayed in Tiny Beautiful Things, “a hummingbird and a snake. Both are perfectly untrainable.” Whether it’s love f...
May is Reality
Last month was all about risk — and the circumstances and perspectives that exist in order for us to take one. This month, we’re delving deeper into those circumstances and defining our reali...
April is Risk
As a community of creatives, entrepreneurs, community organizers, and out-of-the-box thinkers, we’re no strangers to taking risks. We tend to be comfortable with (or simply inspired by) taking chan...
March is Change
The world around us is always in flux. We, as individuals and as communities, affect how and why, as well as when and where, we push for change. As creatives and entrepreneurs, makers and doers — w...
February Is Ethics
We navigate the muddy waters of ethics every day. They’re present in everything from the values we define for our identities to how we interact with clients to the principals of engaging with...
- January 01, 2016 January is Language
- December 01, 2015 December is Time
- November 03, 2015 November is Work
- October 01, 2015 October is Shock
- September 01, 2015 September is Empathy
- August 01, 2015 August is Action
- July 01, 2015 July is Collaborate
- June 01, 2015 June is Revolution
- April 30, 2015 May is Robot
- April 07, 2015 April is Humility
- March 01, 2015 March is Ink
- February 02, 2015 February is Climate
- December 29, 2014 January's theme is Ugly
- November 25, 2014 December's theme is Education
- November 01, 2014 November's theme is Chance
- October 01, 2014 October's theme is Crossover
- September 01, 2014 September's Theme is Color
- August 01, 2014 August's theme is Failure
- July 01, 2014 July's theme is Heritage
- June 01, 2014 June's theme is Minimal
- May 15, 2014 It's Time to Break Free
- May 01, 2014 May's theme is Freedom
- April 01, 2014 Sex, Sex, Sex
- March 20, 2014 Ready or Not, Here We Come!
- March 04, 2014 March's theme is Hidden
- February 11, 2014 Rebel Wisdom
- February 03, 2014 February's Theme is Rebel
- January 24, 2014 Young at Heart
- January 01, 2014 January's Theme is Childhood
- December 10, 2013 Don't Be Afraid
- December 01, 2013 December's Theme is Make
- November 01, 2013 November's Theme is Bravery