May is Commitment
A commitment is a promise to show up whether you’re having a good or bad day. It’s a behavior and mindset that signifies the posture of a professional. It’s about saying yes with...
April is Game
Throughout human history, games were about winning or losing. Author James P. Carse extends this concept beautifully in Finite and Infinite Games: “A finite game is played for the purpose of winni...
March is Courage
When researching or writing about courage, other traits fall into the mix: risk, vulnerability, curiosity, empathy, and action. It seems, then, that courage has nothing to do with your title or l...
February is Curiosity
Curiosity is many things—a trait, a mindset, and a skill. To wonder about the things you don’t know and to actively fill those gaps with knowledge is to consciously enrich your life. It&rsqu...
January is Anxiety
Imagine for a second that you have to write an email that goes out to 200,000 people. You spend all week on it, making sure there are no typos or broken links. You schedule the email. You walk int...
Meet Our Context Illustrator: David Schwen
It has been a tradition at CreativeMornings to work with an artist in our community to create an illustration for the monthly theme. The global theme for December is Context. While the artwork sp...
December is Context
Imagine your typical morning coffee or tea, how it tastes and the way it makes you feel. Now imagine being on a remote island, sun rising, with your drink in hand. That sip is unlike anything you&r...
November is Death
Death has inspired humanity since time immemorial, influencing ideologies and storytelling to our understanding of life and how we live it. To our ancient ancestors, the fear of death was a palpab...
October is Pioneer
Pioneers shatter expectations, widen boundaries, and reveal new possibilities in life. Whether the work was inspired from being on a ship or inside of a studio, pioneers act on their internal, im...
September is Compassion
Compassion is a pause button that reminds us of a fundamental truth: we’re all stumbling and nobody has it figured out. The best part about compassion is that it’s a learned trait—unli...
Meet Our Genius Illustrator: Claudio Limon
It has been a tradition at CreativeMornings to work with an artist in our community to create an illustration for the monthly theme. August is all about Genius. The illustration is everywhere — in...
August is Genius
Genius is a label, a shortcut that signifies the remarkable achievements and abilities of an individual. Thomas Edison famously quipped that genius was one percent inspiration and ninety-nine perce...
July is Equality
We imagine a world where we’re seen and heard, respected and valued, not for our appearance and privilege, but for our work and character. A world where anyone, anywhere, has equal access to opport...
June is Survival
The ability to overcome adversity and withstand waves of turbulent times is part of the human spirit. In our hardwiring, it is the oldest of threads that also fuels our creativity. Stories of sur...
May is Serendipity
The term ‘serendipity’ was coined in 1754 by the aristocrat Horace Walpole. While reading a Persian fairytale called “The Three Princes of Serendip,” he wrote to a friend to...
April is Beyond
We are tempted by the possibilities of the beyond. Whether it’s deep space, the range of our talents, or a first date, our minds conjure stories that carry us aloft. This unwavering, deep-s...
March is Taboo
Taboos are a social glue that makes life livable wherever we go. We invent the reasonings that, over time, coalesce to create the societal fabric of norms, permissions, and prohibitions. Cutting ...
February is Moments
We tend to measure our lives by days or years, but what we seek in our dreams and cherish in memory are the moments that define us. Think of moments, not as a page in a book, but that one highligh...
- December 28, 2016 January is Mystery
- November 29, 2016 December is Sound
- November 28, 2016 Meet Our Sound Illustrator: Derry Dillon
- November 01, 2016 November is Fantasy
- October 31, 2016 Meet our Fantasy Illustrator: Hayden Davis
- October 01, 2016 October is Transparency
- September 13, 2016 New organizers in Kyiv, Florianópolis, Lac Mégantic, and Buffalo
- September 01, 2016 September is Magic
- August 01, 2016 August is Weird
- June 21, 2016 June is Broken
- June 19, 2016 July is Love
- May 01, 2016 May is Reality
- April 04, 2016 April is Risk
- March 01, 2016 March is Change
- February 01, 2016 February Is Ethics
- January 01, 2016 January is Language
- December 01, 2015 December is Time
- November 03, 2015 November is Work
- October 01, 2015 October is Shock
- September 01, 2015 September is Empathy
- August 01, 2015 August is Action
- July 01, 2015 July is Collaborate
- June 01, 2015 June is Revolution
- April 30, 2015 May is Robot
- April 07, 2015 April is Humility
- March 01, 2015 March is Ink
- February 02, 2015 February is Climate
- December 29, 2014 January's theme is Ugly
- November 25, 2014 December's theme is Education
- November 01, 2014 November's theme is Chance
- October 01, 2014 October's theme is Crossover
- September 01, 2014 September's Theme is Color
- August 01, 2014 August's theme is Failure
- July 01, 2014 July's theme is Heritage
- June 01, 2014 June's theme is Minimal
- May 15, 2014 It's Time to Break Free
- May 01, 2014 May's theme is Freedom
- April 01, 2014 Sex, Sex, Sex
- March 20, 2014 Ready or Not, Here We Come!
- March 04, 2014 March's theme is Hidden
- February 11, 2014 Rebel Wisdom
- February 03, 2014 February's Theme is Rebel
- January 24, 2014 Young at Heart
- January 01, 2014 January's Theme is Childhood
- December 10, 2013 Don't Be Afraid
- December 01, 2013 December's Theme is Make
- November 01, 2013 November's Theme is Bravery