September is Compassion
Compassion is a pause button that reminds us of a fundamental truth: we’re all stumbling and nobody has it figured out. The best part about compassion is that it’s a learned trait—unli...
Meet Our Genius Illustrator: Claudio Limon
It has been a tradition at CreativeMornings to work with an artist in our community to create an illustration for the monthly theme. August is all about Genius. The illustration is everywhere — in...
August is Genius
Genius is a label, a shortcut that signifies the remarkable achievements and abilities of an individual. Thomas Edison famously quipped that genius was one percent inspiration and ninety-nine perce...
July is Equality
We imagine a world where we’re seen and heard, respected and valued, not for our appearance and privilege, but for our work and character. A world where anyone, anywhere, has equal access to opport...
June is Survival
The ability to overcome adversity and withstand waves of turbulent times is part of the human spirit. In our hardwiring, it is the oldest of threads that also fuels our creativity. Stories of sur...
May is Serendipity
The term ‘serendipity’ was coined in 1754 by the aristocrat Horace Walpole. While reading a Persian fairytale called “The Three Princes of Serendip,” he wrote to a friend to...
April is Beyond
We are tempted by the possibilities of the beyond. Whether it’s deep space, the range of our talents, or a first date, our minds conjure stories that carry us aloft. This unwavering, deep-s...
March is Taboo
Taboos are a social glue that makes life livable wherever we go. We invent the reasonings that, over time, coalesce to create the societal fabric of norms, permissions, and prohibitions. Cutting ...
February is Moments
We tend to measure our lives by days or years, but what we seek in our dreams and cherish in memory are the moments that define us. Think of moments, not as a page in a book, but that one highligh...
January is Mystery
We are comforted by certainty and seek it frantically like a child who lost sight of their parents. But as the astrophysicist Marcelo Gleiser said in The Island of Knowledge, “We strive to...
December is Sound
To our highly creative brains, a sound is never a sound. These vibrations that pervade our lives contain layers of meaning—a range of questions, intentions, and purposes. Even the absence of soun...
Meet Our Sound Illustrator: Derry Dillon
It has been a tradition at CreativeMornings to work with an artist in our community to create an illustration for the monthly theme. December is all about Sound. The illustration is everywhere — i...
November is Fantasy
“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living,” said Dr. Seuss. “It’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” The realm of fantasy is a space f...
Meet our Fantasy Illustrator: Hayden Davis
It has been a tradition at CreativeMornings to work with an artist in our community to create an illustration for the monthly theme. November is all about Fantasy, and the interview with this month...
October is Transparency
We are a species that flourishes when we’re seen, when our work matters, and when we connect with and understand one another. What makes all of this possible is the posture of transparency—th...
New organizers in Kyiv, Florianópolis, Lac Mégantic, and Buffalo
CreativeMornings is reaching new creative communities around the world! We’re so excited to introduce you to the organizers of new chapters in Kyiv, Lac Mégantic, Buffalo, and Florianópolis! Mee...
September is Magic
Do you remember the first time you witnessed a magic trick or climbed up a mountain to see the environment with a different point of view? Your eyes widened and you gasped in excitement. Magic is...
August is Weird
Whether it’s butter in coffee, bacon on donuts, fashion in the 80’s making a return, or the culture of an organization, weirdness reveals that there are no rules or right answers. Weirdness widens ...
- June 21, 2016 June is Broken
- June 19, 2016 July is Love
- May 01, 2016 May is Reality
- April 04, 2016 April is Risk
- March 01, 2016 March is Change
- February 01, 2016 February Is Ethics
- January 01, 2016 January is Language
- December 01, 2015 December is Time
- November 03, 2015 November is Work
- October 01, 2015 October is Shock
- September 01, 2015 September is Empathy
- August 01, 2015 August is Action
- July 01, 2015 July is Collaborate
- June 01, 2015 June is Revolution
- April 30, 2015 May is Robot
- April 07, 2015 April is Humility
- March 01, 2015 March is Ink
- February 02, 2015 February is Climate
- December 29, 2014 January's theme is Ugly
- November 25, 2014 December's theme is Education
- November 01, 2014 November's theme is Chance
- October 01, 2014 October's theme is Crossover
- September 01, 2014 September's Theme is Color
- August 01, 2014 August's theme is Failure
- July 01, 2014 July's theme is Heritage
- June 01, 2014 June's theme is Minimal
- May 15, 2014 It's Time to Break Free
- May 01, 2014 May's theme is Freedom
- April 01, 2014 Sex, Sex, Sex
- March 20, 2014 Ready or Not, Here We Come!
- March 04, 2014 March's theme is Hidden
- February 11, 2014 Rebel Wisdom
- February 03, 2014 February's Theme is Rebel
- January 24, 2014 Young at Heart
- January 01, 2014 January's Theme is Childhood
- December 10, 2013 Don't Be Afraid
- December 01, 2013 December's Theme is Make
- November 01, 2013 November's Theme is Bravery