Book List No. 2: Make
We’re excited to share the second edition of our collaboration with Designers & Books: 10 Books on Making. Part of our themed month on Make, the list focuses on different aspects of making—from telling the story of how things are made to what it’s like to produce and create things—both physical and digital.
Recommended by leading designers and artists, and written by some as well, this month’s list features books pulled from the shelves of many past CreativeMornings speakers such as Chris Bangle, Milton Glaser, Paola Antonelli, Alissa Walker, and Debbie Millman.
The list is also part of the Designers & Books Community Book Lists series, allowing you to add your own contributions as well.
A few from the list:
- The Toaster Project, Thomas Thwaites
- Self-Portrait as Your Traitor, Debbie Millman
- Sign Painters, Faythe Levine and Sam Macon
- The Design of Everyday Things, Donald Norman
- Design for the Real World, Victor Papanek
- The Craftsman, Richard Sennett