April’s theme is Risk!
As a community of creatives, entrepreneurs, community organizers, and out-of-the-box thinkers, we’re no strangers to taking risks. We’re comfortable with (and simply inspired by) taking chances in the face of uncertainty. But what’s at stake? How do we calculate and calibrate these decisions? The theme was chosen by our Munich chapter, illustrated by the Bavarian Designer Andreas Preis, and presented in partnership with FreshBooks. This month, 139 cities (give our newest chapters a virtual high-five!) are grappling with the complicated and open-ended questions of risk at breakfast events with speakers including:
- Kevin Cavenaugh, a designer and urban planner seeking to change his city 3,000 square feet at a time (Portland)
- Claudia Dalchow, an actress, voice artist, author, and coach who speaks four languages fluently & is currently performing in three of them (Cologne)
- Matthew Abess, a curator at The Wolfsonian–Florida International University, whose mission is to illustrate the persuasive power of art & design (Miami)
- Michal Eitan, the head of Bezalel Academy of Art and Design’s Master Program in Industrial Design (Jerusalem, their very first event!)
- Susanne Koelbl, award winning journalist and foreign correspondent for Germany’s leading news magazine Der Spiegel (Berlin)